From the largest elephant to the smallest shrew, the city of Zootopia is a mammal metropolis where various animals live and thrive. When Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) becomes the first rabbit to join the police force, she quickly learns how tough it is to enforce the law. Determined to prove herself, Judy jumps at the opportunity to solve a mysterious case. Unfortunately, that means working with Nick Wilde (Jason Bateman), a wily fox who makes her job even harder.
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Officer Judy Hopps, a European rabbit from Bunnyburrow who is a newly appointed member of the Zootopia Police Department.
- Della Saba voices a younger Judy.
- Jason Bateman as Nicholas P. "Nick" Wilde, a red fox who is a small-time con artist.
- Kath Soucie voices a younger Nick Wilde.
- Idris Elba as Chief Bogo, a cape buffalo who is the police chief of the Zootopia Police Department's 1st Precinct.
- Jenny Slate as Dawn Bellwether, a diminutive sheep who is the assistant mayor of Zootopia.
- Nate Torrence as Officer Benjamin Clawhauser, an obese cheetah who works as a dispatcher for the Zootopia Police Department's 1st Precinct.
- Bonnie Hunt as Bonnie Hopps, a European rabbit from Bunnyburrow who is the mother of Judy Hopps.
- Don Lake as Stu Hopps, a European rabbit from Bunnyburrow who is the father of Judy Hopps and a known carrot farmer.
- Tommy Chong as Yax, a laid-back Yak who is the owner of the naturist clubMystic Springs Oasis.
- J. K. Simmons as Leodore Lionheart, a lion who is the Mayor of Zootopia.
- Octavia Spencer as Mrs. Otterton, a concerned North American river otterwhose husband has gone missing.
- Alan Tudyk as Duke Weaselton, a small-time least weasel crook who is also known for selling bootleg DVDs. The name is a reference to the Duke of Weselton from Frozen, whom Tudyk also voices.
- Shakira as Gazelle, a Thomson's gazelle from Sahara Square who is a famous pop star. Shakira also voices Gazelle in the Spanish dub.
- Raymond S. Persi as Flash, the "fastest" three-toed sloth in the DMV (short for Department of Mammal Vehicles).
- Raymond S. Persi also voices Officer Higgins, a hippopotamus who is a member of the Zootopia Police Department's 1st Precinct.
- Maurice LaMarche as Mr. Big, an arctic shrew who is the most fearsome crime boss in Tundratown and is served by a group of polar bears.
- Phil Johnston as Gideon Grey, a red fox from Bunnyburrow who used to bully the young rabbits and sheep when he was young. As an adult, he has made amends with those he picked on and became a much-respected baker.
- Phil Johnston also voices an angry offscreen character who states that his taxes pay Judy's salary
- Fuschia! as Drill Instructor, an unnamed polar bear who works at the Zootopia Police Academy.
- John DiMaggio as Jerry Jumbeaux Jr., an African elephant who owns an elephant ice cream parlor called Jumbeaux's Café.
- Katie Lowes as Dr. Madge Honey Badger, a honey badger who handles the most pressing medical cases.
- Gita Reddy as Nangi, an Indian elephant that works as a yoga instructor at Mystic Springs Oasis.
- Jesse Corti as Manchas, a black jaguar from Zootopia's Rainforest District who is a chauffeur for Zootopia's biggest limo company and is the personal chauffeur to Mr. Big.
- Tom Lister Jr. as Finnick, a fennec fox who is Nick’s partner in crime.
- Josh Dallas as a Frantic Pig, an unnamed domestic pig who is the owner of a flower shop called "Flora and Fauna" that is robbed by Duke Weaselton and frantically asks Judy for help. He later appears as a protestor at a peace rally.
- Leah Latham as Fru Fru, the daughter of Mr. Big, who disapproves of her father doing his criminal business during her activities. She befriends Judy after she saves her from falling debris and later names her unborn child after her.
- Rich Moore as Doug, a sheep chemist with puffy wool that works for Assistant Mayor Bellwether.
- Rich Moore also voices a gray wolf that is a guard at Cliffside Asylum.
- Peter Mansbridge as Peter Moosebridge, a moose co-anchor of the ZNN News. The moose is used in the standard version of the film, released in the United States, Italy, France, Canada, Russia, and Mexico. In the UK version, he was renamed "Moosos Alexander" and is voiced by BBC sports reporter Vassos Alexander. In other countries, the anchor is a different animal voiced by a different person. David Campbell voices a koalanewscaster named David Koalabell in the Australian version as well as the version in New Zealand. The Brazilian version uses a jaguar named Boi Chá that is voiced by Ricardo Boechat. The Japanese version uses a tanukinamed Michael Tanuyama. The Chinese version uses an unnamed giant panda.
- Byron Howard as Bucky Oryx-Antlerson, a greater kudu who is the neighbor of Judy Hopps.
- Jared Bush as Pronk Oryx-Antlerson, a gemsbok who is the neighbor of Judy Hopps.
- Mark "Rhino" Smith as Officer McHorn, a black rhinoceros police officer who is part of the Zootopia Police Department.
- Josie Trinidad as Mrs. Dharma Armadillo, a nine-banded armadillo who is the landlady of the Grand Pangolin Apartments that Judy Hopps moves into.
- John Lavelle as Mouse Foreman, the unnamed construction foreman of Little Rodentia's construction crew who receives the Pawpsicle sticks from Nick and Finnick.
- Kristen Bell as Priscilla, a three-toed sloth who is Flash's co-worker at the DMV.